Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hazaa!



I am getting super nervous/excited as I type right now, and I don't know why! Ah, where to begin. I'm Emily, aka Marmie, and the fifth, and final to write.
I decided to add a picture of where and what I would rather be doing now, as I lay exhausted from hanging out with Jr. High kids. Five hours of running around and "watching" the Super Bowl (aka Snooze Fest 2010) was great and all, but yikes. I tried to think of the last time my feet were this tired, and it was probably after Jessie's wedding, after wearing 4" heals, and standing/dancing for what seemed like days. Back to the pic. Oh, to be with my Mexican friends, playing softball and running around in Esperanza with Raul and Isela, awaiting the glorious meal of Coca and panuchos. True love.

Working with Jr. High kids is awesome. They are ridiculous, dramatic, hysterical, and so hard to talk to. It is a challenge being with them and trying to figure
out where they are emotionally and spiritually. It is such a God-given grace when I get to have a "real" conversation with one of them, and hear how much they know and love Jesus. So, the bad/good part about this job is that my sin is constantly before me. Whether it be a comment or conversation I have, and I can hear what my heart is really saying, or be it one of my girls relaying a blunt, "Emily, you are..." It is unbelievable how much I have learned about myself from them. It's not pretty.

I love knowing that God is always good; that even though I am a butt, and treat others terribly, and live for my own glory, He remains the same, and can use even me, the most foolish, spiritually immature, prideful, young girl to do His will and share His Word. What a gift.

One of my favorite (NOT!) things about hanging out with the girls is that people never know that I am older than all of them (I am at least 10 years older than all of them, mind you!). For instance, I take 5 girls to breakfast on Thursday mornings, then drop them off at school. So, one morning, this past December, we went to Panera, like usual, to eat. The girls are always chatty and loud when we are together, and they love talking to strangers (they think they are hilarious). One of my girls begins to order, and the lady at the register asks where they went to school, how old they were, etc. Then she asked who had brought them. They all turned and pointed to me, and the woman behind the counter shouted, "No WAY! She can't drive, she's no more than 15!" The girls DIED laughing, and said, "Actually, she's 23!" I then had to explain to the woman why a 23-year-old would be hanging out with five 13-year-old girls.

OH! I feel so HONORED that I will be the FIRST to introduce you to our back-house neighbor, Doc. Doc lives behind our house, with his son Nigel, and his other son Bert stops by occasionally. This was Doc's car. Well, he told 2 of us he traded it in for cash-4-clunkers, and then it showed up again, parked in the backyard...Weird.


So, this is what he got in his cash-4-clunkers deal! It is a beautiful iridescent green, with champagne undertone, Kia Soul.
As you can tell by this beaut, Doc has style, he has flare, he's not the nanny, but, maybe he is? We don't actually know what he does, but he's told us that he is a screen writer and is actually starting to film his movie starring Matthew McConaughey THIS WEEK! We, according to Kitty, will be getting his filming schedule so we can be extras! Lucky!

We'll have more Doc stories for you soon...don't worry!

¡Hasta Luego!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to get to read your blog! You are all crazy, but it sounds like you are having a blast over there on Poplar! When I'm home in March, I'll have to actually stop by and see it this time! love you! (and hey, maybe next time you should post a picture of california and Arden to show where you want to be too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the blog!! Just a few observations: 1) yall are ATROCIOUS spellers! 2) I have to say I think Aly is more like JO (no "e"), 3)At least Doc's new car is better than the old one, and it takes up less room,4) I'd like to bet "my head" (as Nana would say) that Mans' nunship won't last,and 5) See, Emily, you truly will always be the "baby girl"! Why else would people think you're 12! Love yall! Keep us posted on the Poplar 5!!! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the Poplar Palace legacy is alive and well. You didn't tell me that Doc's car came back!?!?! Oh my...Also, please let me know when you get to go to the movie set. I MUST go too. Love, A

    PS If that's what you think about yourself and your job, then you're doing it right.

    ReplyDelete