Friday, February 5, 2010

God's perfect timing...

i am so excited about this blog...this is danielle, one of the pop 5. although i didn't move in until august really...and still don't feel i have "officially" moved in even though i've been there for 6 months. i am NOT a creature of change, i am a homebody, and i don't take stress very well...which that combination made it very hard for me to "move in" to the unknown world of the poplar 5. little did i know that i would love it and have closer, deeper friendships. i feel like an "other" on lost...haha. and i live upstairs in the scary loft/ann frank room/creepy, haunted room. i wish my life wasn't consumed with school and studying and being stressed all the time---i want to embrace and enjoy my time at pop w/my roomies :)
where to begin? well dental hygiene and the stresses of school have taken over my life and claim me until may when i graduate. i have so many things on my plate right now to deal with, i'm trying to take one thing and one day at a time without going crazy! so that's basically my life in a nutshell. stress...stress...stress.
and even though this semester holds so much stress and so many things i have to get done, there is a silver lining...which is a deeper longing for Jesus in all of it and being reminded daily that this world is not all there is. and learning to find contentment and rest in prayer and His Word, because those are the only venues in which to find that comfort and strength. my discontentment comes from wanting to be graduated and through with school, be married, and have a family...which are all longings/desires that turn my heart and eyes to look at Jesus and to pray for a revealing of His Will timing and simply trust. and His "Will" right now is for me to live out the Gospel and live kingdom-minded.
this is funny because i just opened my Bible to find some parts that talk about doubting and wondering why you're going through suffering or trials you are facing...i turned to job 23:8-17. here are the verses:
"behold, i go forward but He is not there, and backward, but i cannot perceive Him; when He acts on the left, i cannot behold Him; He turns on the right, i cannot see Him. but He knows the way i take; when He has tried me, i shall come forth as gold. my foot has held fast to His path; i have kept His way and not turned aside. i have not departed from the command of His lips; i have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. but He is unique and who can turn Him? and what His soul desires, that He does. for He performs what is appointed for me, and many such decrees are with Him. therefore, i would be dismayed at His presence; when i consider, i am terrified of Him. it is God who has made my heart faint, and the Almighty who has dismayed me. but i am not silenced by the darkness, nor deep gloom which covers me."
i like this passage because like sister woods mentioned, we need to be honest with our words and requests to the Lord...but also, we see that those situations and hard things are from Him and we trust in and hope in the fact that His ways are better and they are leading us to a deeper walk w/Him.
anyway, this was a long first post. i am avoiding studying and decided to blog...
- "the other"

No comments:

Post a Comment