Thursday, April 15, 2010

encouraging run!

so today, i called my poopy roomie at work and asked her to map me out a run...a 10 mile run from poplar and back. WELL, this was the pathway:
l on poplar
l on goodlett
r on walnut grove
l on mendenhall
l on princeton
l on perkins
r on walnut grove
r on waring
l on sequoia
l on n graham
r on walnut grove
r on high point terrace
l on mimosa
l on highland
l on poplar and back to our humble abode.
i wanted to blog about this because of the parallel i sortof drew to the long run and our walk with Christ...and i told my other roomie about my deep thoughts about this and she said BLOG ABOUT IT! so here i am.
here are my deep thoughts in a nutshell: so about halfway during my run i started thinking about this little path that was planned out for me. and i had NO clue where i was but i had to trust all of these directions that em had given me for the run. i came to different obstacles---stoplights, trees in the sidewalk, trashcans, etc...but i kept on pressing on. i got really impatient at the obstacles, thinking, OK i want to just finish without all of this hard stuff in the way! well i'm treading down mendenhall, breathing pretty heavily, and i'm thinking to myself- how much further is sequoia? should i call em or just trust this little journey? should i ask this lady i see ahead of me who looks pretty friendly and is carrying a plastic bag which i'm sure was full of her cute dog's poop? YES- i'm going to ask her. so i stopped to ask and make sure sequoia was on the left- coming to realize that this is how i am in my walk with Christ---so doubtful that His plan is actually best and that people are in our lives for a reason, for advice, and for encouraging words to build us up in our walk with Him. anyway, as i kept going, i was comparing my run with how untrusting i am of the plan God already has ordained for me. and although there are little obstacles and places where we have to be patient, He is still sovereign and knows the ways that are best. even though there may be a million different turns and "trash cans" and other sticks and trees in the road, He is faithful to bring us to HIS abode. what a cool picture i had while running...and needless to say, i was successful in not bursting into tears during the run. how cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment